Friday, June 19, 2009

smil

I just wanted to take a quick break in my day for a smil, smile, break. I promised pictures of the kids from my practicum site forever ago, and i finally got a chance to get some when I went back to visit this week. It was gorgeous outside, so Susan, Mikkel, and I took the three kids who were at school that day to the park.

The break in my day is related to the fact that I'm going on my biking trip to Bornholm this weekend! I'm pretty excited...I'm not entirely prepared, but I'm definitely looking forward to what this weekend has in store for me, despite the fact that my booty is absolutely certain to hurt by the end of the weekend. The weather's looking pretty nice, so there will without a doubt be beautiful pictures taken while I am there! We're ferrying overnight tonight, staying in a hostel Saturday night, and ferrying back overnight on Sunday night. I'll arrive back in København just in time for me to run back home to drop my things off and grab a super fast shower. It should be great, though.

Anyway...more on that Monday, for sure. Here are the beautiful children who will hopefully bring a smile to your face as they have mine. I also need to mention that this photo-op really made me grateful that my dad has allowed me to borrow his Nikon D40x for my trip; however, it's going to be a bit of a fight for me to give it back. Maybe while I'm recouperating on cash after the trip I'll work on saving up to finally buy my own.

Okay, so this isn't a kid...but we drove around past the airport after going to the park. Ot was SUCH a beautiful day, though, that I couldn't resist sharing that, too.

No comments: