Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rejser

We're hittin' the road! I just figured I'd check in before we leave for our study tour tomorrow. I won't have my computer with me for a few days (EEEK!) so I'll be out of touch with the world. 


We (being my Child Development class) are rejser, traveling, to several places throughout Denmark to continue learning about Danish culture, schools, and children! Being the type A personality that I am, I would have loved to receive my itinerary for the trip about two months ago (or at least last week when we arrived), but of course we got our first glance at the itinerary this morning in class! When in Denmark we must do as the Danes do, I suppose, and be relaxed & spontaneous. So, I still don't have a great grasp as to what we're going to be doing because our professor dashed through the itinerary explanation quite quickly, but basically...we're going to a couple schools, lots of cultural sites including a castle and the Hans Christian Andersen museum, doing some stuff outdoors, and hopefully eating a lot of great food! We'll be traveling by bus on København's island, Sjælland and then heading to the island of Fyn where we'll stay at a hostel in Odense. The only real bummer I'm seeing thus far is that the beautiful 70-degree weather we've had for the past week is peacing out tonight, and the next three days are supposed to be rainy and in the mid-fifties. Oh well, we will bundle & prevail! 

Anyway, we're leaving at 9:00 tomorrow morning and will return around 6:30 Friday night, so be ready for lots of updates & pictures! 

1 comment:

Mom said...

Can't wait to hear about your excursions! xxoo YM