Saturday, May 30, 2009

Bjergbestigning!

So bjergbestigning, climbing, was pretty much amazing today. We were in Kullen, Sweden which is technically part of the Östra Kullabergs Naturreservat. It's on a small peninsula near Skälderviken, which is some body of water I can't identify in English, but from the best of my knowledge it is a bay. We drove up the coast from København to Helsingør and took a ferry to Helsingborg in Sweden. The whole trip only took about 2 hours tops. Here's a little google map version of where I was so you can get a better idea. You can use the arrows/zoom function to get a better idea!



It didn't really feel like Sweden because we weren't interacting with the Swedes (and we didn't get stamps on our passports), but at least I can still say I've done something that most people haven't--rock climbed in Sweden! This area was absolutely gorgeous. I did several climbs, and have a few pictures to prove it. But mostly I enjoyed the scenery of this not-so-known part of the world. Here are a few pictures for YOU!

The beautiful town outside the nature reserve on the way up to where we climbed
More water with the sun reflecting
How gorgeous is this water?
The beach
There were all kinds of boats out today!
Gorgeous wildflowers were sprouting all over the place
Our climbing area
Me getting pumped. You know, the usual...
Climbing!
Yay! I made it!
Tomorrow we're heading to Legoland in Billund, Denmark, so there is lots of fun to be had there!

2 comments:

Mom said...

So cool...
So envious....
Such a fortunate young woman...
xxxooo

Brittany said...

BEAUTIFUL photos! and i love all of the info. you have given about your practicum site too :) continue to live it up abroad, my dear! ;)