Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Velkommen!

Velkommen! Welcome to my blog! As a true child of the online technology age, I decided that this was by far the best way for me to update you, my friends & family, on my excursions and whereabouts while I am studying abroad this summer. For those of you who do not know, I'll be studying Child Development & Psychology during my time in Copenhagen--and I could not be more thrilled to be learning more about these subjects (really, I'm a huge nerd...you'll see that more as you read more)! Better yet, I'll be living in a new culture and negotiating my way through life in this VERY foreign country whose language I do not know. Nonetheless I'm thrilled to have the privilege to spend this time abroad studying and learning. 

It's hard to believe that in less than two weeks, I'll already be in Denmark! Hopefully this blog will give you some insight into my life in denmark--don't worry, I won't just share the nerdy parts, and hopefully I'll share LOTS of pictures!

Here's a bit of my itinerary:
May 23  - depart from RDU
May 24  - arrive in Copenhagen
May 25  - begin child development class
May 30  - rock climbing in Sweden 
May 31  - Legoland in Billund, DK
June 13 -  begin psychology class
June 20 -  overnight bike trip to Bornholm, DK 
June 28 -  depart for Croatia, 5-day study tour
July 3    -  return home to RDU

Thanks for reading, thanks for your support, and please comment! I want to stay in touch as much as possible. Aside from the blog, you can get in touch with me on Skype (marie.lahaye.88) or by emailing me at mclahaye@gmail.com.

Farvel!

No comments: